Emporda and Costa Brava
You take off your shoes and feel between your toes the tickling of the sand of the beach of Roses, just 300 metres from the Hotel 1935. You begin to walk along the water’s edge trying to prevent it covering your feet, but as always the sea wins the battle and soaks your ankles. You reach the centre of the town and dozens of terraces invite you to sit down and enjoy a vermouth before heading for a wonderful lunch of fish from the Gulf of Roses.
In the evening, you walk back along the seafront and drink a coffee while watching “our country’s most prestigious sunsets, its most grandiose and unforgettable.” It’s not us who say this: it was our great writer Josep Pla. And it’s just where the Empordà plain ends and the Cap de Creus peninsula starts where Roses lies.
It’s a town for everyone. For lovers of the sea and the mountains. For those who can spend hours lying on the beach reading and for adventurers who are keen to walk the shore path that reaches as far as Cadaqués. For fans of sea sports and for those who prefer a bike ride along the green routes of the Alt Empordà. In Roses you’ll find your own corner. Let yourself go, and live the Costa Brava.
Top 10 experiences for living our surroundings with all five senses
- Sail around the Cap de Creus and discover its secluded coves.
- Thrill to the spectacle of the sunset over the Bay of Roses.
- Explore the loveliest corners of the Costa Brava along the shore path.
- Lose yourself among the picturesque streets of Cadaqués.
- Enjoy a fresh-caught fish accompanied by a wine from the D.O. Empordà.
- Visit the monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes and marvel at its views.
- Admire the work of the Surrealist genius Salvador Dalí in Figueres.
- Breathe in nature with a bike ride around the Empordà Marshes.
- Vibrate with a concert at the Citadel of Roses.
- Live the sensation of wellness and spoil yourself with a spa treatment.